Wondering what shoes to wear for your next official event? With all the heel styles, colors and sizes available in shoes these days, it is normal to feel completely clueless when it comes to choosing formal shoes!
For weekend shopping, it’s easy to put on a pair of sneakers… but what shoes do you wear with a suit? Or a formal evening dress? It can be overwhelming with all the choices available to decide which shoes will be best for your special event. Of heel size to colors and styles, we created a helpful guide at the choice of best pair of shoes for your next official event!
Remember, if you want to buy your next pair or dress shoes without breaking your budget, you can use a promo code to save on all your online purchases! Just choose a brand like Steve madden which offers a wide selection of formal shoes and allows you to redeem promo codes at checkout. With a Steve Madden Discount Coupon like this one, you won’t believe the money you save on your next pair of shoes!
Getting the best fit for any pair of shoes is always important, but it’s crucial for evening wear. It is because after wearing fitted shoes like high heels for a long time, your feet might actually start to swell. If your shoes don’t fit properly, they will become painful to wear much faster. One tip for buying formal shoes is to shopping in the afternoon or evening to ensure a bitter fit.
While fashion standards have relaxed over time, it is still prudent to buy formal shoes with a little heel. That doesn’t mean you should choose the standard 4 or 6 inch heels though! Even a 2 inch kitten heel will suffice for most formal occasions. If you find it difficult to walk in high heels, choose a low to medium thick heel, rather than a skinny one, because they are easier to enter.
The Perfect Formal Shoes Are Always The One You Can Endure wear all night. There is nothing worse than having to cut an evening short because of foot pain! So remember, whatever shoes you choose, make sure they are comfortable enough so that you can wear them all evening without a problem.
Advice for men
- Stick to the classics: If you don’t know what shoes to buy, stick to classics like richelieu and richelieu in black or dark brown. These timeless shoes will never go out of style and will suit most formal occasions.
- Break your shoes: Shoes don’t have to be high heels to be painful! Make sure you break your shoes before trying to wear them all night.
- Match your shoes to your costume: The rule of thumb is that a black suit calls black shoes, a navy suit calls for brown shoes and a gray suit goes best with both!
Tips for women
- Think about the occasion: Not all high heels are suitable for all events. Whether your event is formal or professional, avoid open heels. For casual occasions, avoid strappy heels and opt for wedge shoes or closed-toe boots instead.
- Match your heels to the length of your dress: If your dress skims the floor, choose a higher heel to prevent it from dragging… and you falling! If your dress is shorter and less formal, you may be able to get away with a flat or sandal.
- Does not exactly match the color: It is considered a little old fashioned to match the color of your shoes exactly with your outfit. Instead, choose a complementary color or a contrasting color for more drama.
Readers might also like:
Chrisette Michele launches her clothing line, ‘Moody by Chrisette Michele’[FIRST LOOK] Netflix’s ‘JEEN-YUHS’ – Kanye West Documentary Details & Preview
New Prince Revealed – Here’s the Full Cast of ‘Bel-Air’ Reboot
Features you didn’t know your iPhone 12 Pro Max had